Jeff Anderson invited me to be the guest speaker of Modern Combat & Survival podcast’s 176th episode. We discussed the importance of using both eyes in a real gunfight. Shooting with your one eye closed will get you or someone else killed in a real life and death situation. You need both eyes to focus on your front sight, acquire your target and be aware of the environment.
The good news is, with practice you can master the art of shooting with both eyes open. I shared a simple technique that you can practice at home to improve your focus.
You’ll also learn the following:
- check The hows and whys of shooting with both eyes open
- check Common misconceptions about learning how to shoot
- check A simple drill you can do at home to improve your front sight focus, with both eyes open
- check Building proper neural pathways to improve your shooting skills
- check What dry fire training really is, and why is it important
- check How to acquire your targets under stress
- check and more…
If you want to learn more about shooting with both eyes open, I’ve created several posts around this topic. Click the link below to read the articles.
- Eye Dominance and How to Shoot with Both Eyes Open
- How to Shoot with Both Eyes Open
- Fix Your Eyes, Fix Your Focus, Shoot and Aim Easier with Two Simple Eye Exercises